ilyn is an associate director for people management and quality at HCS.
As a Continuing Education and Training (CET) Centre under the SkillsFuture Singapore Agency (SSG – formerly Workforce Development Agency (WDA)), we render competency training and capability building under the national Human Resource Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) Competency (HR WSQ) Framework.
We recognise that Human Capital Management and Development practices are key to organisational success and progress for all employees.
We realise also that over the years, such practices have evolved to become more strategic and business-partnering for sustainable growth of an organisation.
We further recognise that whether in HR, finance, marketing and other functionalities of business, people managers play a pivotal role towards achieving an employee’s career advancement and strengthening organisational capabilities, ultimately, for productivity gains.
In this respect, the HR WSQ competency modules and qualifications offer opportunities for HR and People Managers to equip themselves with the relevant competencies to effectively contribute to the growth of employees and their organisations.
To achieve productivity gains, we track outcomes of competency training and capability building through a total solutioning process which entails analysing strengths and weaknesses of an organisation, determining the gaps for improvements, recommending and implementing realistic and practical solutions and tracking of career advancement and better employment outcomes.
To do these, we provide career and competency advisory for individuals and capability improvement advisory to organisations to enhance their human capital management and development practices.
In essence, we help individuals realise their fullest potential and organisations in creating leadership and organisational excellence.
As Singapore’s CET centre we advance thought leadership and breakthrough practices in people management and development.
People as priority in every organisation.
To champion human capital productivity in business.
Advance thought leadership and breakthrough practices in people management.
Initiate and embed human capital solutions for individuals, enterprises and community.
Be a people-centric and learning organisation for business productivity and growth.
Focus - We are progressive and innovative in our approach
Integrity - We are honest, ethical and respectful of people
Reliability - We are dedicated and committed to our customers
Service - We are passionate about helping and serving our community
Teamwork - We work together to achieve results
• Business Development and Client on boarding
• Maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved
• Delivers high-quality service to customers and contract employees by matching contract employees' skills with customers' needs.
• Develops and retains business by providing outstanding customer service.
• Conducts candidate reference checks. Uses candidate reference checks to develop additional business opportunities.
• Determines applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
• Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements; contacting recruiters, using newsgroups and job sites.
• Builds applicant sources and Screening resumes
• Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analysing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
• Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
• Arranges management interviews by coordinating schedules;
• Performs in-person and phone interviews with candidates
• At least 2-3 years of relevant experience in a sourcing and talent acquisition.
• Candidates with experiences in an SME / Start-up environment will be preferred.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related fields from an accredited institution.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Always act in the best interest of the company
• Always avoid conflict of interests
• Always carry out duties with reasonable care and diligence
• Must hold CEI (Basic) license