ilyn is an associate director for people management and quality at HCS.
As a Continuing Education and Training (CET) Centre under the SkillsFuture Singapore Agency (SSG – formerly Workforce Development Agency (WDA)), we render competency training and capability building under the national Human Resource Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) Competency (HR WSQ) Framework.
We recognise that Human Capital Management and Development practices are key to organisational success and progress for all employees.
We realise also that over the years, such practices have evolved to become more strategic and business-partnering for sustainable growth of an organisation.
We further recognise that whether in HR, finance, marketing and other functionalities of business, people managers play a pivotal role towards achieving an employee’s career advancement and strengthening organisational capabilities, ultimately, for productivity gains.
In this respect, the HR WSQ competency modules and qualifications offer opportunities for HR and People Managers to equip themselves with the relevant competencies to effectively contribute to the growth of employees and their organisations.
To achieve productivity gains, we track outcomes of competency training and capability building through a total solutioning process which entails analysing strengths and weaknesses of an organisation, determining the gaps for improvements, recommending and implementing realistic and practical solutions and tracking of career advancement and better employment outcomes.
To do these, we provide career and competency advisory for individuals and capability improvement advisory to organisations to enhance their human capital management and development practices.
In essence, we help individuals realise their fullest potential and organisations in creating leadership and organisational excellence.
As Singapore’s CET centre we advance thought leadership and breakthrough practices in people management and development.
People as priority in every organisation.
To champion human capital productivity in business.
Advance thought leadership and breakthrough practices in people management.
Initiate and embed human capital solutions for individuals, enterprises and community.
Be a people-centric and learning organisation for business productivity and growth.
Focus - We are progressive and innovative in our approach
Integrity - We are honest, ethical and respectful of people
Reliability - We are dedicated and committed to our customers
Service - We are passionate about helping and serving our community
Teamwork - We work together to achieve results
• Responsible for scheduling, coordinating and tracking of all training courses organised in the company to ensure smooth running of training classes and maximum utilisation of training resources
• Maintain and upkeep the student / client database
• Manage training logistics, from registration to completion/graduation in compliance with company SOPs and SSG stipulated requirements
• Liaise with facilitators and students to ensure needs pertaining to course modules are met
• Register students for class and oversee training claims and grants procedure
• Prepare pre class, during class and post class activities to ensure smooth delivery of module
• Attend to adhoc enquiries from students / walk-ins
• Interface with students / clients where necessary
• Any other responsibility assigned by direct superior, management and CEO office
• Possess a good balance of respect and results with quality in the manner of accomplishing task
• Able to manage multiple tight deadlines and challenging work situation.
• Able to multi-task effectively and work in a team on a broad variety of projects
• Able to meet deadline in terms of submission of reports and time sensitive tasks
• Strong project management, time management and customer service skills.
• Possess at least a Diploma from a recognised institution.
• Bilingual with written and spoken knowledge of English as a basic minimum
• Able to read, write in Chinese and speak Mandarin will be an added bonus
• Possess good computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel and Database Management.
• Working experience in the field of education / training management will be advantageous
• Experience in SkillsConnect system is a bonus.
• Willing to take on additional responsibility