Inquisitive and passionate about people, culture, scalability & continuous improvements.
Currently putting all her super powers and breadth of skills to good use as Director of People (and Chief Entertainment Officer!).
Always striving to be better, stronger, faster.
Co-founder & CMO.
A humble yet passionate designer with a background in finance, serves as Chief Marketing Officer and is responsible for AfterShip’s UI/UX design, SEO, partnerships, PR as well as customer relations.
AfterShip provides automated and scalable enterprise SaaS solutions, a one-stop-shop post-purchase optimiser for eCommerce enterprise retailers and online marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay, PayPal, Groupon, Zalora, OnePlus, LivingSocial, Etsy and Wish (to name a few).
AfterShip provides automated and scalable enterprise SaaS solutions, minimising the operational costs and resources spent by eCommerce retailers to answer customer queries such as "where is my package?" and delighting eCommerce retailer customers with effortless tracking and proactive delivery updates.
AfterShip’s APIs helps businesses win, improve and maintain customer loyalty by bringing the best shopping experience to their customers, with a focus on automating the shipping, tracking and returns experiences.
▶︎ Prelude: Winner of 2011 Global Startup Battle and 1st Startup Weekend Hong Kong
▶︎ Clients: Amazon, eBay, PayPal, Groupon, Zalora, OnePlus, LivingSocial, Etsy and Wish (to name a few)
▶︎ Mission: Our mission is to help retailers win customer loyalty by bringing the best shopping experience to their customers, with a focus on automating the shipping, tracking and returns experience.
▶︎ Tracks: 250M+ international shipments per month
▶︎ Couriers: 530+ international couriers integrated
▶︎ Users: 500K+ globally
▶︎ Crew: 60+ globally
Our passion is automation!
Through our growing family of apps and services, we power top eCommerce platforms, retailers and developers worldwide to provide a better customer journey and experience.
We develop for developers and track over 250M+ international shipments on a monthly basis.
This means you will have the ability to bring positive impact to the global eCommerce community.
Our crew came up with the following core values:
Build trust and work as one team.
▶︎ Trust each other to build things, solve problems and resolve conflicts together as one team.
Stay hungry & stay foolish ;)
▶︎ Stay hungry enough to keep improving your work and personal life. Stay foolish enough to have fun when facing challenges, and share your learning(s) with others.
Dedicated to high quality output and finer details.
▶︎ No matter if it is a single line of code or an email to a customer. Quality matters.
Build or apply automation to your daily work.
▶︎ Simplify complicated processes and use workflow to work smarter.
We're looking for a Finance Manager to support our rapid growth, overseeing our Hong Kong and China operations by safeguarding assets and assuring accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments.
The Finance Manager will play a key role driving and supporting our financial planning by driving the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities for in terms of accounts payable, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, general accounting and turning these insights into initiatives and help drive strategic decisions.
- Preparing financial statements, management reports, monthly forecasts, quarterly / annual budget and analysis including comprehensive KPI reporting, analysis of key business trends, and comprehensive analysis at the executive-level
- Performing all month-end and year-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance and balance sheet reconciliations (to include P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statement)
- Working with department heads to prepare standardized reports for items, marketing and advertising ROI as well as a variety of sales reports
- Preparing detailed variance analysis of financial statements and managerial reports to understand, analyze as well as report on key variances between actual and planned figures
- Automating the reporting function and perform ad-hoc financial analysis to support business decisions when required (e.g. pricing models, billing cycle analysis, competitive intelligence, customer intelligence, geographic economic data, and technology trends)
- Leading long-term strategic and financial planning process, partnering with co-founders and function leaders to shape business priorities and develop financial plans to execute priorities
Day-to-day accounting operations responsibilities, including:
- Proactive oversight and processing of weekly expense reports, accounts receivable and collections efforts, cash management, with weekly tracking and credit hold reporting to leadership team and investors
- Interfacing with banks, insurance companies, credit card companies and credit collection companies to receive highly competitive terms
- Ensuring maintenance of appropriate accounting systems, internal compliance controls, handling internal audit, compliance, tax and ensuring the company is prepared for annual audit, including but not limited to preparing tax filings and working with third parties
- Preparing quarterly tax estimates to provide to CEO and investors at least two-weeks prior to the quarterly tax filing deadline
- Automating reporting and budgeting (including commission calculations, bad debt, monthly P&L, cash flow and balance sheet, account/product level revenue forecast and full detail for all key expense drivers) - Budget preparation and tracking as well as tracking performance to budget at each team, with variance reports provided when required
- Reporting on weekly and monthly calls how the company is performing against both short and long-term strategy and annual budget
- Human capital related responsibilities such as managing benefits, payroll processing and expenses
- A current CPA license preferred with Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Understanding of and prior working experience working for / with Big4 accounting and auditing firms, familiar with auditing standards and consolidated financial statement preparation
- 7 years of relevant experience (minimum 3 years in a financial leadership role)
- Proficient in Mac OSX and experience with Quickbooks
- Automation mindset, high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail and results-oriented
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely data