As a Junior Software Engineer at AltaX, you will have the opportunity to continue to develop your full-stack software skills in a modern and rapidly evolving development environment, while also being deeply integrated into a broader team that’s on the leading edge of financial innovation. Blockchain, DeFi, API/service-driven architectures, server-less infrastructure, data pipelines, front-end frameworks and no-code platforms are all key elements of our technological ecosystem that you will be exposed to.
As with all engineers in our teams, your job doesn’t stop at writing code. You’ll be a key technical stakeholder in our feature planning process, helping to map complex business requirements to technical solutions and offering your ideas and opinions. We build quickly but carefully – the security and privacy of our investors and partners is paramount, so you’ll be keeping these front-of-mind throughout all of the work that you do.
We’re a supportive, social, and entrepreneurial team of former investment bankers, technologists and strategists. Clear, honest communication is key to everything we do.
• Working on one or more of our technical teams as a key contributor to our code base.
• Participating in code reviews within and out side of your team to help continuously improve the quality of our code.
• In close conjunction with your manager and mentors, proactively setting and monitoring progress toward your development goals.
• Having the opportunity to own your own deliverables, working with business stakeholders and peers on your team from planning through to release.
• Contributing to the continued development of our infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines.
• In consultation with our Data team, evolve the data schemas that underpin our business processes.
• Adding to our automated testing framework.
• Taking part in regular security testing.
• Keeping up to date with the latest in tooling and industry best practice, ensuring that we’re constantly discussing, evaluating and implementing the best.
• Expressing your ideas, opinions and feedback on our tech stack, tooling and culture to ensure we’re always improving as a technology team and as a company.
You’ll be a great fit for us if you possess:
• Some experience with source control systems like Github or Bitbucket, and how they work within a team.
• Basic knowledge of relational databases, and how they differ from non-relational ones.
• The basic principles of APIs.
Bonus attributes we look out for:
• Interest in financial services, particularly the investment space.
• Interest in digitised and decentralized finance (DeFi), and all the new financial products and possibilities that come with these innovations (tokenized assets, NFTs, etc.)
• An appreciation for experimentation and designing systems/processes that accommodate business and technical agility.
• Food! We talk about it a lot :)
This role is based in Jakarta.
Don't miss out on this opportunity! Click 'I'm interested!' to speak with the team today!