As our Release Coordinator, you’ll work between our engineering and product functions as the key stakeholder ensuring our frequent releases across all of our platforms are well-coordinated and abide by our change management process. You’ll form close working relationships with our Product Managers and all of our engineers to ensure you’re on top of the latest progress and can help to adjust our release schedule based on any unforeseen issues that pop up.
This role provides a great opportunity to own and continuously improve our release management processes, factoring in velocity, security and transparency. You’ll work on the leading edge of best practice in continuous integration/deployments, and while a technical background is not strictly necessary for this role, you’ll have an opportunity to work closely with our engineers on a serverless technology stack primed for rapid, reliable and secure releases.
Operating at the intersection of traditional and decentralised finance, and working closely with both established financial institutions and some of the world’s most innovative technology companies, we embrace an agile mindset that enables experimentation without compromising on security and stability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Owning our end-to-end release process, ensuring all steps are followed from development time through to testing/acceptance and finally to production.
• Documenting, scheduling and gathering approvals for each release that moves through our product and data engineering teams.
• Syncing regularly with product and technical owners on in-progress features and hotfixes to ensure delivery timelines are accurate and issues are flagged.
• Working with our engineering leads and senior technology management to identify opportunities for improvement in our release process, and coordinating the implementation of those improvements.
• Gathering and reporting on metrics around our releases that will be visible across the company as we track toward our OKRs.
You’ll be a great fit for us if you:
• Solid verbal and written communication skills.
• An ability to coordinate between multiple stakeholders and facilitate relationships between technical and non-technical team members.
• Top-notch project coordination skills, particularly around scheduling.
• Understand the main sources of risk in software development, appreciate the significant role of risk mitigation in release management, and identify areas where risk may be present.
• Have some high-level knowledge of the key technical tooling used in CI/CD processes, as well as the usual steps that occur in a deployment workflow (running of automated testing, etc.).
• Experience with creating and modifying documentation templates in tools like Google Drive, Confluence, etc.
• Financial services, particularly the investment space.
• Both startup and enterprise-level working environments (we’re a bit of both!).
• An appreciation for experimentation and designing systems/processes that accommodate business and technical agility.
If this sounds exciting to you, click "I'm Interested!" to speak with us today!