About this Role
As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to leverage and continue to develop your full-stack software skills in a modern and rapidly evolving development environment, while also being deeply integrated into a broader team that’s on the leading edge of financial innovation. API/service-driven architectures, serverless infrastructure, blockchain, data pipelines, front-end frameworks and no-code platforms are all key elements of our technological ecosystem that you will be exposed to.
As with all engineers in our teams, your job doesn’t stop at writing code. You’ll be a key technical stakeholder in our feature planning process, helping to map complex business requirements to technical solutions and offering your ideas and opinions. We build quickly but carefully – the security and privacy of our investors and partners are paramount, so you’ll be keeping this front of mind throughout all of the work that you do.
We’re a supportive, social, and entrepreneurial team of former investment bankers, technologists and strategists. Clear, honest communication is key to everything we do.
Ecosystem Services is a back-end-focused team that builds and maintains the common services layer into which our platforms, partner integrations, third-party services, internal tooling, data pipelines and exchange all connect. Members of this team have a deep, holistic view of org-wide business processes, and must balance the detailed requirements of each department with abstract “big picture” thinking that ensures the team builds the most flexible common technological infrastructure to serve a diverse set of stakeholders, each rapidly evolving strategies.
Our services philosophy is focused on security and stability while staying nimble enough to modify, divide or add new services as business needs evolve. We make significant use of containerized serverless infrastructure and automation-driven CI/CD pipelines. On a service-by-service basis we are believers in a “best tool for the job” approach, preferring to place an emphasis on consistent API contracts rather than the languages and frameworks that power them.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Working on one or more of our technical teams as a key contributor to our code base
• Participating in code reviews within and outside of your team to help continuously improve the quality of our code
• Having the opportunity to own your own deliverables, working with business stakeholders and peers on your team from planning through to release
• Contributing to the continued development of our infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines
• In consultation with our Data team, evolve the data schemas that underpin our business processes
• Adding to our automated testing framework
• Taking part in regular security testing
• Keeping up to date with the latest in tooling and industry best practices, ensuring that we’re constantly discussing, evaluating and implementing the best
• Expressing your ideas, opinions and feedback on our tech stack, tooling and culture to ensure we’re always improving as a technology team and as a company
You’ll be a great fit for us if you:
• 2-3 years of software engineering experience
• Experienced with writing unit tests
• Good experience with source control systems like Github or Bitbucket, and how they work within a team
• Good code review habits, knowing what to watch out for in your peers code, and commenting frequently and constructively
• Good knowledge of relational databases. Non-relational experience is an asset.
• Familiarity with using RESTful APIs, as well as common authentication mechanisms involved
Bonus Attributes - Beyond the technology, we also hope you’ve got some interest in:
• Financial services, particularly the investment space
• Digitised and decentralized finance (DeFi), and all the new financial products and possibilities that come with • these innovations (cryptocurrencies, tokenized assets, NFTs, etc.)
• An appreciation for experimentation and designing systems/processes that accommodate business and technical agility
• Food! We talk about it a lot :)
This role is open to candidates in either Indonesia (Jakarta) or India (Mumbai).
Click "I'm Interested!" to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Alta!