We are looking for an Analytics Engineer with strong problem-solving skills and prior experience inbuilding and managing BI assets. You should possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, working with passionate data-driven enthusiasts, and building the team's capabilities to solve data challenges for the organization. You will also help to enable the data-driven culture within the organization.
• Empower business stakeholders with strong hypotheses, insights, and recommendations leveraging business data.
• Conduct detailed data analysis on data used across business units to evaluate business processes and improve on/create new features by partnering closely with business functions.
• Leverage analytic and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems.
• Translate analytical outcomes and results into compelling data stories/presentations for multiple levels of leadership.
• Respond to data-related inquiries in real-time to support business and cross-functional teams.
• Perform various data analytics experiences in SQL, DBT, Google Data Studio, Tableau, and MS Excel using industry-accepted tools.
• Work closely with development teams to develop systems and strategies for analyzing and identifying system areas to improve performance, reliability, and customer workflows.
• Extensive experience converting ambiguous business needs to highly scalable data models and datasets.
• Ability to perform analysis over large and complex datasets and communicate findings to collaborators.
• Proven data modeling skills - must have demonstrable experience designing models for data warehousing and analytics use-cases and able to de-construct existing models for optimization, analysis, and documentation.
• Expert SQL skills to create views and power dashboards for analysis.
• At least 1.5-3 years of experience working in a BI or analytics function preferably.
• Good working knowledge of SQL and R/Python to perform data querying, build BI models and conduct data analysis.
• Experience with AWS or other cloud-based technology is a plus.
• Experience in data analysis and deep-dive analysis.
• Strong data visualization skills using Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, Micro strategy, or other relevant visualization tools.
• Relevant experience with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, or similar required.
• Good understanding of ETL/ELT concepts and their relevant use cases.
• Experience in gathering BI requirements and structuring specifications to produce business-relevant datasets and ensure data quality of the dataset.
• Passion for democratizing data effectively to the wider organization for self-serve.
• Keenness to innovate and improve the BI process beyond basic reporting, seeking ways to add value so that the organization can consume data more effectively.
• Strong communication skills, able to collaborate effectively with both sides of the business and technical divide.
• A self-starter mindset who takes ownership and excels in a lean and fast-paced organization.
• Knowledge of Statistics & Machine Learning is a plus.
Click “I’m Interested!” to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Alta!