We're looking for passionate leaders to join our proven team as a Data Scientist based in Mumbai, India. We have big plans to disrupt the traditional fundraising process for private businesses. You will work with a diverse team of former investment bankers, strategy consultants and business owners in developing, monitoring, and improving products to facilitate the activity of private investing. Everything we do is focused on helping build the private capital markets for the next generation of business owners and investors. We work hard but play really hard as well.
We are looking for passionate Data Scientists with strong problem-solving skills and prior experience in building machine learning models. You should possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. As a Data Scientist, working with passionate data-driven enthusiasts, you will lead the deployment of decision sciences with advanced analytics as well as machine learning and AI capabilities to support various lines of businesses. You will also help to enable a data driven culture within the organization.
• Work with other Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Software engineers to build and manage data products.
• Work on cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
• Develop an enterprise data science strategy to achieve scale, synergies, and sustainability of model deployment.
• Undertake rigorous analyses of business problems on structured and unstructured data with advanced quantitative techniques.
• Apply your expertise in data science, statistical analysis, data mining and the visualisation of data to derive insights that value-add to business decision making (e.g. hypothesis testing, development of MVPs, prototyping etc).
• Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining, and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables.
• Bachelor or Master’s in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or any other related fields.
• At least 3 years of hands-on experience in a Data Science role with exposure and proficiency in quantitative and statistical analysis, predictive analytics, multi-variate testing and algorithm-optimization for machine learning.
• Deep expertise in a range of ML concepts, frameworks and techniques such as logistic regression, clustering, dimensionality reduction, recommendation systems, neural nets etc.
• Strong understanding of data infrastructure technologies (e.g. Spark, TensorFlow etc).
• Familiarity with data engineering methodologies, including SQL, ETL and experience in manipulating data sets with structured and unstructured data using Hadoop, AWS or other big data platforms.
• Highly proficient in data visualisation and the use of dashboarding tools (e.g. Tableau, Matplotlib, plot.ly etc).
• Proven track record in delivering bespoke data science solutions in a cross-functional setting.
• Experience in managing a small team is preferred.
• Interested in dealing with data, including finding, and exploring more efficient ways/programs (e.g. machine learning) to collect, store, and analyse data.
• Preferably have some understanding of terms in financial statements and financial ratios.
• Strong problem-solving skills – able to find various ways to solve problems and decide which solution to move forward.
• Ability to work under pressure and tight timings.
• Team oriented, but highly independent for their own projects.
• High level of organisational skills and ability to prioritise.