Investment management professional with more than 20 year experience in venture capital, hedge fund, fund of hedge funds, private equity, private credit and mutual fund in the United States, Singapore and Indonesia ranging from middle to back office, product development, business development and ...
Founded in 2009, Indies Capital Partners is one of the earliest private credit-focused managers established in Southeast Asia. Today, the firm has evolved into a top-quartile leading alternative asset manager in the region, with strategies spanning from private credit to private equity and assets under management of around US$800 million as of June 2022.
Since our founding days, the firm has deployed more than US$1 billion into the Southeast Asia market, focusing particularly on the region’s largest economy, Indonesia. We aim to lead adaptive thinking in Southeast Asian Alternative Investments.
Indies manages capital on behalf of institutional and accredited individual investors via its flagship Indies Special Opportunities family of funds, which invests in private credit and structured equity investments in mature and emerging companies across all industries, as well as Indies Strategic Technology family of funds, which makes private equity investment into mid-to-late stage new economy companies in Southeast Asia.
In 2017, Indies formed a strategic alliance with Värde Partners, one of the world’s leading alternative investment firms, to co-invest in private credit opportunities. In 2020, the firm expanded its reach in the alternative investment space through a strategic alliance with AC Ventures, a Southeast Asian seed-stage fund manager.
Indies holds a Capital Markets Services license from the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
We are looking for a talented new individual to join our investment team, who will drive the investment and research activities in a self-motivated and fast-paced team. We are excited to open up our internships and have 2 vacancies for this Investment Analyst role!The interns will be part of the Growth Equity Investment team and participate in the full cycle of investment transactions, including origination, research, evaluation, and portfolio monitoring and reporting. Indies’ Growth Equity platform has made ~20 investments in some of the leading mid-to-late-stage technology companies in Southeast Asia.
• Supporting the investment team in evaluating and analysing new investment prospects, including the building of a key investment thesis.
• Conducting sector and company-specific research.
• Supporting the investment team in the due diligence, structuring, and negotiation of each investment.
• Constructing detailed financial models to assess the investment potential of selected targets, including operating models and valuation and returns analyses.
• Assisting with the preparation of presentation materials, including but not limited to investment committee memorandums and corporate presentation.
• Interfacing with portfolio company management teams as required, which includes supporting the company on any strategic corporate actions/initiatives (ie. fundraising) and getting up to date with quarterly updates.
• Assisting with quarterly valuation reporting and preparation of quarterly investor reports as part of portfolio management processes.
• Assisting with administrative and project-based responsibilities on an ad-hoc basis.
• Undergrads or new graduates who have had prior internship experience, or those with approximately 1 year of relevant work experience(investment banking, private equity, venture capital, big-4 accounting firm, corporate finance, management consulting, asset management, technology start-up).
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Financing, Accounting or a related discipline.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills.
• Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), Bloomberg, CapIQ.
• Interested in technology, tech companies and growth/private equity investments.
• Must demonstrate independent critical thinking with solid technology know-how.
We cannot wait to connect with the right candidate, click "I'm interested" today to speak with the team!