About This Role:
This role will be responsible for assisting the team in deal origination, execution, and syndication efforts of Fundnel’s private capital markets capabilities in Southeast Asia.
What Your Role Represents:
• Unlocking new pockets of capital within the Malaysian investor universe.
• Analyzing feasibility of deals, appropriating deal structures for funding, and deal execution.
• Developing innovative solutions to provide access and liquidity in private capital markets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Perform investment analysis and produce collateral relating to deals or companies.
• To work on and contribute to end-to-end deal origination, execution, and syndication efforts.
• Assist in the execution process of live transactions.
• Perform lead generation and build Fundnel’s network of investors mainly in Malaysia, but also regionally – with a focus on high net worth investors and family offices, PE/VC funds, corporate funds, and external asset managers.
• Drive deal syndication efforts by engaging with the existing network of investors to discuss active deals.
• Continuously track investor engagement activities and aid in the conversion of investor leads.
• To provide general assistance to other senior members of the team and attend to general business development, marketing, networking, and events.
• Manage and handle client queries where appropriate.
• Any other related tasks or duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Ideally, 2-3 years of experience in corporate or personal/privileged/private banking.
• Base network of high net worth investors and/or corporates.
• Infinite energy and drive to succeed.
• Self-starter, who is willing and able to build your own network of sales contacts from scratch.
• Experience and/or interest in Financial Technology (“Fintech”) startups and private investments.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Interested in learning about different industries and passionate about private capital transactions.
• Hungry to learn, improve and perform.
• Fluency in English, and knowledge of a second language is a bonus (Bahasa Melayu).
This role is based in Malaysia. Click on "I'm Interested" to have a chat with us!