Alta is Southeast Asia’s one of the largest private investment technology platform, building next-generation capital markets infrastructure to increase access and liquidity for entrepreneurs and investors.
At the core of our deal-making expertise lie our proprietary algorithms that syndicate opportunities in private companies and PE/VC funds to our network of strategic investors. This, coupled with the expertise of our investments team, has led us to uncover more than USD6 billion worth of deals for over 14,000 accredited investors from across the globe.
By augmenting access and liquidity for entrepreneurs and investors, we accelerate the creation of innovative solutions that will go on to impact our communities and societies at large.
We are headquartered in Singapore with a growing presence in 4 countries across the Asia Pacific region.
We believe it takes more than commitment to build the most accessible and efficient capital markets. Below are the four beliefs and attitudes that are our non-negotiables — components that make up the DNA of the Alta team:
- For our Future
About This Role:
We are looking for a results-driven, objective-oriented and passionate individual to head our company’s operations in Malaysia.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Internal Stakeholder management.
• Working with the Board to define and implement a strategic outlook that will support future growth for Malaysia.
• Formulating strategies for the company’s expansion and product offerings.
• Creating a roadmap for the implementation of each function.
• Drive business development with potential issuers, from lead generation to developing presentations, pitching, and negotiating with business stakeholders.
• Develop and implement growth and sales strategies for each business area, existing products, and new products like Secondary Market, Investor Clubs, and community channels.
• Building a solid core leadership team and strengthening the company’s position in the market.
• A team to grow deal flow and channel partners, both in terms of organization and processes.
• Responsible for operation and service KPIs and Malaysia P&L targets across different product lines.
• Accountable for people management and capability development.
• Stay on track with changing laws and regulations and ensure compliance is met at all times.
• External Stakeholder management.
• Maintain a good working relationship with the regulators, both Bank Negara and the Securities Commission of Malaysia.
• Develop strategies, action plans, and activities that will proactively and sustainably build high-value partnerships with businesses and influencers in key early stages and growth.
• Build relationships with key partners ie accelerators, seed funds, and government agencies.
• Any other related tasks as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• A proven track record of at least 8 years in operations, management, and business development.
• Good understanding of market dynamics, financial landscape, and requirements in Malaysia.
• Familiarity with guidelines under the Recognized Market Operator framework issued by the Securities Commission.
• Solid leadership and organizational skills.
This role is based in Malaysia. Click on "I'm Interested" to have a chat with us!