Alta is Southeast Asia’s one of the largest private investment technology platform, building next-generation capital markets infrastructure to increase access and liquidity for entrepreneurs and investors.
At the core of our deal-making expertise lie our proprietary algorithms that syndicate opportunities in private companies and PE/VC funds to our network of strategic investors. This, coupled with the expertise of our investments team, has led us to uncover more than USD6 billion worth of deals for over 14,000 accredited investors from across the globe.
By augmenting access and liquidity for entrepreneurs and investors, we accelerate the creation of innovative solutions that will go on to impact our communities and societies at large.
We are headquartered in Singapore with a growing presence in 4 countries across the Asia Pacific region.
We believe it takes more than commitment to build the most accessible and efficient capital markets. Below are the four beliefs and attitudes that are our non-negotiables — components that make up the DNA of the Alta team:
- For our Future
About This Role:
We're looking for analytical and passionate people to join our proven team as Principal/Investment Managers based in Singapore.
Some things to know before you apply:
We have big plans to disrupt the traditional fundraising process for private businesses. You will work with a diverse team of former investment bankers, strategy consultants, and business owners in developing, monitoring, and improving products and processes to facilitate the activity of private investing. Everything we do is focused on helping businesses do business, better. We work really hard but play really hard as well.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the overall management and operation of the funds and portfolios.
• Ensure that the investment, asset management, financial and operational strategies, and objectives of the fund are carried out as planned and in accordance with the fund's stated investment strategy.
• Identify and evaluate appropriate investment opportunities and undertake detailed due diligence, analysis, and research in respect of any acquisitions.
• Optimize the performance of each asset and the portfolio.
• Preparation of investment proposals and lead investment negotiations.
• Responsible for investment papers and all presentation materials for investment committee and investor paper approvals.
• Oversee and prepare financial analysis, financial modeling, valuation, and IRR analysis to assess and support investment decisions.
• Perform day-to-day operations of the fund(s) and documentation of the overall business, investment, and operational strategies, as well as investment strategies for investments and divestments.
• Oversee and prepare business plans and budgets as well as regular reports such as financial statements, quarterly/annual reports, and other items required by investors.
• Be responsible for the preparation of all regular communications with investors including financial reports, business plans, reports, budgets, etc.
• Work with the Senior Management Team in preparation of reports to committees to obtain requisite approvals for all investments and divestments.
• Liaise with external parties including consultants, investors, business associates, and senior management of the fund.
• Act as the Licensed Representative for the Fund Management business.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• At least 5 years of relevant portfolio/investment management background in financial institutions, licensed fund management companies, or asset management companies.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance / Banking / Business Studies or with a professional certificate(e.g. CFA/CPA).
• Past experience as a Licensed Representative for a Fund Management business will be advantageous.
• Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills; able to work closely with regional internal & external stakeholders.
• Demonstrates business acumen and business development skills.
• Able to work independently.
This role is based in Singapore. Click on "I'm Interested" to have a chat with us!