Alta is Southeast Asia’s one of the largest private investment technology platform, building next-generation capital markets infrastructure to increase access and liquidity for entrepreneurs and investors.
At the core of our deal-making expertise lie our proprietary algorithms that syndicate opportunities in private companies and PE/VC funds to our network of strategic investors. This, coupled with the expertise of our investments team, has led us to uncover more than USD6 billion worth of deals for over 14,000 accredited investors from across the globe.
By augmenting access and liquidity for entrepreneurs and investors, we accelerate the creation of innovative solutions that will go on to impact our communities and societies at large.
We are headquartered in Singapore with a growing presence in 4 countries across the Asia Pacific region.
We believe it takes more than commitment to build the most accessible and efficient capital markets. Below are the four beliefs and attitudes that are our non-negotiables — components that make up the DNA of the Alta team:
- For our Future
We are looking for a passionate individual to join us as an AssociateDirector, Corporate Development.
You will be an integral member of the Corporate Development team who will be responsible for spearheading M&A, investments, fundraising, strategic planning and market development (existing and new) of our Global operations. You will collaborate with company leaders, providing strategic and commercial advice to drive business growth, performance and go-to-market strategies, including rigorous evaluation of new business initiatives as well as both organic and inorganic growth strategies in the alternative private assets and tech-enabled investments space.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, entrepreneurial and technically-apt individual to accelerate their career at a fast-paced, high-growth company, with ambitions to become the world’s leading alternative investments marketplace, and with the resources, backing and drive to get there.
We’re not just any technology company. We’re not just any financial firm. We’ve combined elements of both to establish ourselves as a leader at the crossroads of traditional and digital finance. We’re looking for creative and ambitious technical talent who want to be involved in a unique opportunity to make a genuine impact on the future of entrepreneurship and investment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Working directly with the founders to drive the strategic planning process, assessing global opportunities, and guiding the flow of resources to those opportunities that best support our corporate objectives.
• Build relationships with partners including financial institutions, investors, and other stakeholders to stay informed of trends in the alternative investment market as well as by being responsible for the M&A strategy development assessment of and execution of specific acquisitions, joint ventures, alliance, and divestiture opportunities on a global basis.
• Develop a strong understanding of businesses and perform rigorous strategic analyses and manage deliverables/projects.
• Work on Corporate Development/M&A activity, including due diligence.
• Project manage as well as work across all departments as necessary.
• Prepare management presentations and present findings to senior management.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• An advanced degree from a leading institution (Masters preferred but not required).
• Minimum four (4) years of work experience in investment banking, corporate finance (at big 4), corporate development or strategy.
• Prior experience covering the technology / FinTech space preferred.
• Experience preparing complex financial models (LBO, merger, NPV/Cash-flow, partnership) and valuation analyses for mergers & acquisitions or similar strategic initiatives.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet various deadlines.
• Data collection, research and quantitative skills.
• Willingness and ability to travel.
• Ability to present to internal and external stakeholders, as required
This role is based in Singapore. Click on "I'm Interested" to have a chat with us!