MichaelSenior IT Head
Senior IT Head
Transliner Pte Ltd (“TPL”) is a Container Liner Operator registered in Singapore and in operation since
the year 2000. The concept of owning and operating ISO containers of different types and providing
Liner shipping services is an essential core of the Company.
In these past twenty years, TPL has grown multi-fold and now provides Liner shipping services ranging from China on the east to Saudi Arabia in the west, spanning across several south-east Asian countries such as Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia and Malaysia, India sub-continent ports, Middle east countries and inland locations across these countries.
TransLiner is constantly in quest of excelling and honing its skills through continuous innovations in the Transportation industry to deliver cost-effective solutions at high-quality services, to its customers.
Under such tumultuous market conditions, “Change” is the only thing constant. Seasonal ups and down, fluctuating fortunes in the freight markets are factors which make the difference between winning and losing for our Trading clients.
With many facets to the spectrum of shipping related services that we offer, we are able to constantly build synergies within the Organization which ultimately helps in keeping costs in check, while also enjoying the benefit of effective internal Management controls. That’s the cutting edge!
Job Role and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for accounting processes and tasks (i.e.: AP & AR process, daily cash book maintenance).
• Responsible for liaising with suppliers for disputed invoices.
• Coordinate and liaise with internal parties to support intercompany activities.
• Review Statement of Accounts from Agents and key the same into the accounting system.
• Responsible for fortnight payment run process, also ensuring balances reconciles with SOAs from suppliers.
• Responsible for processing employees' claims by verifying claims reports and preparing payment runs.
• Coordinate and liaise with Agents for issuance of sales invoices.
• Perform the reconciliation and verification of accounts regarding cash at hand and cash at the bank.
• Perform fixed asset depreciation run.
• Perform prepayments amortization run.
• Assist in the preparation and submission of GST returns in a timely manner.
• Assist in the statutory audit process.
• Assist in resolving audit matters.
• HR functions of updating the leave.
• Ad-hoc duties as assigned including but not limited to business partnering duties from time to time.
• Assist in budgeting and forecasting process.
• Assist in preparing and issuing budget guidelines.
• Ensure compliance with guidelines and deadlines.
• Participate in budget and forecast review meetings and assist in the follow-up of review points.
Assist and contribute positively to the design & implementation of proper accounting procedures, internal controls, and work/business process improvement initiatives by:
• Identifying and reducing duplication/redundancies in work processes.
• Liaising with IT department on systems/report changes.
• Feedback on internal controls lapses and/or non-compliance if any.
• Min. Diploma in Accounting.
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skillset.
• Committed to ensure timely completion of duties and tasks assigned.
• Good team player and has communication skills to address issues, if any, with stakeholders.
• Shipping background preferred.
• Knowledge of Tally accounting software will have added advantage.
Sounds like you? Click "I'm Interested" to have a chat with us now!