As a (Front-end) Software Engineer at Fundnel, you will have the opportunity to leverage and continue to develop your full-stack software skills in a modern and rapidly evolving development environment, while also being deeply integrated into a broader team that’s on the leading edge of financial innovation. API/service-driven architectures, serverless infrastructure, blockchain, data pipelines, front-end frameworks and no-code platforms are all key elements of our technological ecosystem that you will be exposed to.
Our Platforms team is predominantly front-end focused, owning both the customer-facing and internal user interfaces that are the main interaction points with our ecosystem. This team has experimentation and agility in its DNA. Given our large and diverse group of end users and a rapidly evolving market, we know that the perfect user experience won’t stay perfect for long. Working very closely with our Marketing and Investment teams, members of our Platforms team take a pragmatic approach to solutions development. Where coded UIs are required, they use frameworks like NextJS or React to build quickly and iteratively. Although currently web- focused, the Platforms roadmap includes a significant future focus on mobile experiences. In conjunction with Product Design, Platforms also ensures that the Group visual identity and component library is continuously expanded and improved upon.
As with all engineers in our teams, your job doesn’t stop at writing code. You’ll be a key technical stakeholder in our feature planning process, helping to map complex business requirements to technical solutions and offering your ideas and opinions. We build quickly but carefully – the security and privacy of our investors and partners is paramount, so you’ll be keeping these front-of-mind throughout all of the work that you do.
• Working on one or more of our technical teams as a key contributor to our code base.
• Participating in code reviews within and outside of your team to help continuously improve the quality of our code.
• Having the opportunity to own your own deliverables, working with business stakeholders and peers on your team from planning through to release.
• Contributing to the continued development of our infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines.
• In consultation with our Data team, evolve the data schemas that underpin our business processes.
• Adding to our automated testing framework.
• Taking part in regular security testing.
• Keeping up to date with the latest in tooling and industry best practice, ensuring that we’re constantly discussing, evaluating and implementing the best.
• Expressing your ideas, opinions and feedback on our tech stack, tooling and culture to ensure we’re always improving as a technology team and as a company.
As our Software Engineer, we know you’ll be doing significant learning on the job. That said, we’re hoping from Day 1 you’ll bring:
• 2-3 years of software engineering experience.
• Experience with writing unit tests.
• Good experience with source control systems like Github or Bitbucket, and how they work within a team.
• Good code review habits, knowing what to watch out for in your peers code, and commenting frequently and constructively.
• Good knowledge of relational databases. Non-relational experience is an asset.
• Familiarity with using RESTful APIs, as well as common authentication mechanisms involved.
Beyond the technology, we also hope you’ve got some interest in:
• Financial services, particularly the investment space.
• Digitised and decentralized finance (DeFi), and all the new financial products and possibilities that come with these innovations (cryptocurrencies, tokenized assets, NFTs, etc.).
• An appreciation for experimentation and designing systems/processes that accommodate business and technical agility.
• Food! We talk about it a lot :)
As a close-knit, social team we generally prefer to work together in person at one of our offices. That said, we provide a flexible working environment that is adaptable to periods of working from home. So wait no more, if you resonate with the above, click "I'm interested" to connect now!