I am a student in my final year on the NUS-Sciences Po Double Degree Program, completing my course in Economy and Society (Sciences Po major) and Sociology (NUS major). I am currently an intern at Sound of Art.
We are an impact-driven art gallery and startup social enterprise birthed in Singapore in 2020. We do art sales and commission works, organise exhibitions, art events and workshops, graphic recording and event illustration. We often partner charities, to co-create art with beneficiaries and raise funds through the sales of artworks. We are also future-oriented, seeking to transcend the traditional boundaries of an art gallery, exploring product partnerships with hotels, fashion/lifestyle brands & the digital world of NFTs and the metaverse.
We seek to tell inspiring stories with art, support emerging Asian artists and cultivate a global audience who appreciate art with affirming messages. As a family business, we are motivated by our Christian faith to strive for excellence in achieving these goals. We aim for our artworks to tell a story and inspire our clients. In many cases, our artworks have played a major role in signifying important life milestones, such as the restoration of relationships, for our clients.
We believe in:
Art that Speaks - Art should be accessible, and speak in the language/medium of the times, and; Art for Good - Art should inspire, challenge, encourage and ultimately impact people positively.
These principles guide us in nurturing our artists' careers, promoting art that touches people, and consistently partnering with charities in our work.
- We are looking for a passionate, hands-on intern with the potential to grow and learn about building a business and designing communications for clarity and impact.
- Prior experience with the arts not necessary. Training will be provided for domain-specific topics.
We believe that this internship will:
- Give you an in-depth understanding on applying business innovation to the creative industry
- Inspire you to learn how business/creative arts can be a vehicle for social impact and doing good
- Hone your visual design and written communication skills in an audience-centred way
Your job scope will include (1), (2) and you will also be able to choose projects from (3) – based on interest/ability/availability:
1. Venue Management & Customer Ops
- Assist in planning monthly refreshes of artwork at i12 Katong Mall, and designing the exhibition experience
- Provide excellent customer service & liaise with them on their purchases
- Co-ordinate logistics with stakeholders, such as artists, framers, mall
2. Marketing & Communications
- Assist in planning/executing marketing campaigns at i12 Katong mall, events, social media and to our private network
- Design of marketing collaterals & basic video editing for web series
- Update & design website User Experience, conduct web traffic analysis
3. Special Projects
- 3D Virtual Art Gallery & Hotel Art Experience: Working with a major hotel group to enable this experience in their hotels, and scale up exposure/sales for our artists
- Fashion & Lifestyle partnerships: Partnering major brands to adapt our artists’ works for fashion and consumer products
- NFT & Metaverse: Launch NFTs & digital art in the metaverse
- New Location: Start a new physical gallery location for Sound of Art
Preferably an undergraduate at a university, with excellent analytical, communications & writing skills, responsible, with an attention to detail and good with planning/follow- through. Experience with Canva/Adobe suite is advisable.
- Our preferred duration for the internship is 6 months to 1 year. This would ensure maximum learning & impact for you as well.
- Work arrangements are remote, with a weekly physical meeting and other meetings when necessary. A physical office is available for your use. Part-time study/work arrangements are possible.
Click “I’m Interested!” if this sounds like an opportunity you can’t miss!