Integrated Security Solutions (ISS) specializes in security solutions and business intelligence.
Incorporated in 2000, we have a track record of consulting, designing, implementing, and maintaining security solutions which include surveillance and safety systems, internal and external access control, and analytics.
We also provide consulting for businesses to digitalize and adopt new technologies, helping them to improve efficiency, increase revenue, and lower costs.
ISS is a small local enterprise in the midst of transformation. Whilst we have a track record in the industry, we are planning to grow and take the firm to the next level through the expansion of our product portfolio.
We have a full range of security products and services which include surveillance cameras, video analytics, access control systems (including facial and biometric recognition), perimeter security, visitor management, barriers and gantries.
We also provide technology consultation, design and implementation to help business adopt new technologies and modernize.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are keen to join the team to build new and disruptive solutions for the physical security industry, using the best of modern technology frameworks.
You do not need to be an expert at everything, but be willing to research and learn enough across a board spectrum to get the job done. This is what most of us do over here :)
The focus for the role will be on product development. This will consist of both software and hardware, with a greater emphasis on software development. You will be working on our ‘integrated web-based security platform’, taking it from prototype to production. This will include working across the technology stack from application development through to infrastructure hosting.
The responsibilities of the role will be:
- Learning and understanding the industry
- Architecture and design for software and hardware solutions
- Documentation for solution architecture and designs
- Development of signed-off designs, including the coding of base code (alpha version) and prototyping of hardware circuitry
- Create test cases for unit testing
- Work with various stakeholders to execute towards the objectives of the product
- On-site deployment of product (with in-house engineers/developers)
- As you grow into the role and gain knowledge of the business, you will be involved in shaping the development of our products and services and influencing the trajectory of the firm
You will be working on an array of frameworks, concepts, and technologies, including, but not limited to the following:
- Web-based microservices architecture
- Java – Spring Boot, for business logic
- SQL – PostgreSQL, for data at rest
- Python, including web-based Python architecture
- Basic knowledge of Linux systems
- Basic knowledge of infrastructure and cloud technologies
- Basic knowledge of low voltage signaling and electronic circuitry
Click on "I'm Interested" to apply for your internship now!