Don't Know What Wedding Flowers To Choose? Here Are Some Tips
Flowers, herbs and spices have long been used as a symbol to unite and protect a new union. Garlic and onions were thought to protect newlyweds from evil and were often included as an integral part of the ceremony. White garlands were worn to show innocence and chastity but the language of flowers didn’t arrive to Europe until the early 1700s.
The universal flower for weddings is most definitely the rose. White or red are the most common. It was proclaimed by Venus, the Roman goddess of love, that the red rose was the most beautiful of all flowers. So it came to be that the red rose represented true love.
When you are choosing the flowers for your wedding there are several things to take into account.
1) First of all, it is your wedding and should emulate your personality and be the theme for the ceremony and reception. It shouldn’t be what your mother always wanted or your bridesmaids favourite flowers. It’s about what you want.
2) Look at a lot of photographs of wedding flowers and bouquets. You need to get familiar with flowers, styles and colours. The internet is an awesome tool for that. It used to be that you’d have to go to a florist to do this and you may still want to but fortunately there are a lot more options.
3) As you browse through the pages, start with style first. Do you like the bouquets that are long with ivy and ribbons, maybe compact and round, exotic, possibly long flowers that you carry on your arm almost like carrying a baby? The reason I suggest style first is because certain flowers are suited to each style.
4) Remember, large bouquets can be very heavy and if you have a small frame then you may want to reconsider a large bouquet. I have done bridal bouquets that have weighed as much as 30 to 40 pounds.
5) Once you have decided on a style then it can be determined what flowers and colours you would like. Sometimes you get lucky and see a bouquet and that is exactly the one you want. But don’t be afraid to get creative. I once did a wedding where the bride (who married on Valentine’s Day) chose a round red bouquet for herself and the bridesmaids wore white and red dresses so we made half the bouquet red and the other half white roses. At the reception the bouquets were then placed in red vases and served as flowers for the head table. It was very effective. You can be as creative as you want.
6) You can also choose flowers for their meanings. Here are some of the more common flowers used in weddings:
Red rose - True love
White rose ñ innocence and purity, I am worthy of you.
White carnation - fascination, love of a woman
White lily - purity, heavenly
Cala lily - beauty
Red tulips - declaration of love
Baby’s breath - pure of heart
Blue violet - faithfulness
Hyacinth - loveliness
Iris - warmth and affection
Daisy - innocence
Ivy - eternal love and fidelity
7) If you want fragrant flowers then I would go with white casa blanca or star- gazer lilies, hyacinth, tuber roses, and gardenias. The fragrance would be heavenly.
Regardless of the size and budget of your wedding, just remember, this is your day. Do it the way you want to and have fun doing it.
One of the first things that comes to mind when a wedding is being planned is the brides wedding gown, but there are so many wedding gowns available. How do you choose the one that is right for you?
Well, there are a few things to think about when you are looking at wedding gowns. These will help you to pick out the wedding gown that is right for you.
Time of year - The first thing to take into consideration is what time of year you will be getting married. This will help you to decide on what type of cloth, the length of your sleeves, and the length of your gown.
Your body type - There are a couple of types of gowns that will work for all body types but you want to be sure that your gown makes you look the best that you can. A person at the bridal shop can help you select the dress that is right for you.
Your own style - Think about what kinds of dresses you like, and that will also help you to find a good wedding dress. No matter if they are plain or fancy, every gown is beautiful.
It’s always a great idea to take your mother or another female relative or friend to help you choose your gown. It’s a great bonding experience and it’s always a good idea to have a second set of eyes.
Instagram: @artizstudio.sg @gracekellykorea.sg @topziokorea.sg
High-end Pre-wedding Photography in Singapore Korean photography and make-up team Grace Kelly gown and Top Zio tuxedo rental 코리아 포토그래퍼팀&메이크업 아티스트팀 대만에서 찍을수 있는 코리아 스타일 웨딩촬영
🇸🇬Address: Carlton Hotel, 76 Bras Basah Road #01-02
#artizstudio #gracekellykorea #weddinggownsg #celebritychoice #influencerchoice #bridalgown #weddingdress #bridaldress #singaporebrides #singaporewedding #sgbrides #bridalmakeup #bridalsg #sgweddingphotography #bridalgown #singaporeweddinggown #gowndesigner #koreangown #singaporegown #singaporeweddingdress #sgcouple #sgmarried